Under this tab you can create your own form fields for a personalized Work place experience. Custom fields allow you to create your own fields within the application.
Expand the menu by clicking the expand arrow in the Navigation OR click directly on the Process symbol to reveal all options of Process configuration.
Go to Custom fields.
What is the value of custom fields?
Custom fields give you the option to display custom input variants for users of Work place and Admin panel. Let's say your company wants a special field in Ticket creation for a number used internally in the Company. Let's call it Climate value of a ticket. What you would do then is add a custom field as below described in Add a custom field and every time a ticket is created users can fill in a value into to this special custom field.
Search for custom fields
You can search through existing custom fields by entering a keyword in the search bar.
Add a custom field
- Click the symbol right next to the search bar to add a new custom field.
- Decide if your field should be visible after creation with the Active toggle.
- Insert a Custom field name for the custom field - the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Special characters are not allowed (including characters like $; .;)
- Field names cannot contain the null character (also not the spaces)
- You are not allowed to divide the name with dots
- Max. length: 120 characters
- Select the object, where your custom field should appear, you have the choice between the following objects:
|Ticket||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Overview - Ticket|
|Report||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Intervention - Report|
|Device||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Device|
|Part||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Parts|
|User||Your custom field will be visible for others in Admin panel - Access - Users|
- You can now select between the following custom field types:
|Input||A input field lets users input characters or numbers. The maximal character count for an input fields is 50.|
|Simple Paragraph Text||A simple paragraph text field lets users input characters or numbers.|
|Dropdown||A dropdown field lets users select a field from the dropdown. You can give users a choice between different selections.|
|Checkbox||A checkbox field lets users select a checkbox from different checkboxes. You can give users a choice between different selections.|
|Date & Time||A date & time field lets users fill in a date & time manually. The date is in DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Date||A date field lets users fill in a date manually. The date is in DD/MM/YYYY format.|
|Time||A time field lets users fill in a time manually.|
- (Optional) While you setup your custom fields you have various Input field settings, depending on the field type you selected:
|Input field setting||Description|
|Mandatory||Make the selection of your custom field mandatory for users.|
|Numbers||Force users to enter a number for your custom field.|
|Add info message||Add a description of your custom field for users.|
|Force users to enter the an email adress.|
|#1 , #2, #3 ...||Name your selectable fields and choose how many selections you want to have by adding more of them with the Plus button.|
- (Optional) You can also add translations to other languages for your custom fields and info messages by hitting the corresponding Add label translation button.
Deleting translations is always possible with the trash bin button.
|Label translation||Select a language, insert the translation, add other language, if wished.|
|Add info message translation||Select a language, insert the translation, add other language, if wished.|
- Click Save.
Edit a custom field
- Select the custom field you want to edit from the list in the custom fieldview.
- Edit the wished form fields inside the tab that opens.
- Click Save.
Custom field deactivation
You are able to deactivate custom fields by toggling the Active toggle of an field to Off state.
- Select the field you want to deactivate from the custom field list.
- In the tab toggle the Active toggle to Off state.
Customize table view
Click on the customize table view symbol to adjust the displayed table view to your needs.